Baby Wholemeal Breakfast Roll














I find these cute little buns are so eye comforting. And in fact it has got very nice chewy texture and the nutty taste of wholemeal flour. The look of it just doesn't deliver the true story. It looks like one of those hard french bread roll, yet the inner texture is soft. The crispy and aromatic skin is the scoring parts. My son simply went for the skin and left me with the soft sponge. I don't mind at all!

Ingredients:


Bread Flour 120g (I used150g )
Wholemeal Flour 80g (I used 50g)
Salt 4g
Unsalted Butter 4g
Yeast 2g
Warm Water 130g



Method:
1. Mix all ingredients till you get a rough dough. Knead the dough till smooth and springy and cover with cloth.

2. Let the dough rise till double the volume .
.
3.When it has reach the size, push out the air and shape the dough in ball shape and let it rest for 20 minutes.

4. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions, and roll them up in small balls and cover with wet cloth for 15 minutes

5. Roll each ball into round and make sure it's well shape. Put them on baking tray and have the last rise for about 30 minutes. Snip the dough using scissors and spray on some water before baking in pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 220'c .

6. Cool baked buns on wire rack.

Comments

Happy Homebaker said…
what lovely rolls you have made! Can I have one please?!
Cosy Bake said…
Happy Homebaker,

I would gladly share them with you and family!!
quizzine said…
These baby buns look cute! Bet they are as tasty ;-)
Cosy Bake said…
Hi quizzine,

The buns really taste not bad. You may wanna try making them one day. :)
hanushi said…
Just a side track, the alignment of this post seems a bit off, instead of left-aligned. Btw, the new layout is great! :)

I enjoy reading your blog. Keep it up.
Cosy Bake said…
Hanushi,

Thanks dear for supporting my blog all these while. Trying my best to make it look as good as I could....

Popular Posts